Friday, August 22, 2014

My First Love Letter

This past weekend I wrote my first love letter.. ever. Weird that at 41 this is the first time I have done so, especially since I love to write. Don't get me wrong. I have written notes in cards, sent love texts, but never written a true love letter. This one was in honor of my first anniversary with JB. Apparently it was a really good one because he suggested I post it on my blog. So here it is - with a few parts edited of course. 

My darling JB,

The last year of my life has been the most exciting, scary, emotional and joyful year of my life. There are times I look at you and can't believe that we found each other. If I didn't believe that God had a plan for my life before I met you, I definitely do now. You are everything I wanted and needed and so much more than I even understood. Your humor, kindness, intelligence, loyalty and love for your family are just a few of the reasons that I am head over heels in love with you. 

You fill every day with light and love and are teaching me to trust, in you, in God and in our future. I can't believe I am in love with someone that makes me feel special, loved and cherished. I want to spend my days talking to you and hearing you laugh. When I hear or see something interesting or funny during the day my first thought is always, "I can't wait to tell JB". You are my best friend. 

........................edited for sexy content.........................................

I can't imagine what our life will be like a year from now, or ten, and I can't wait to find out.

Thank you for being my "person". I plan to spend every day being yours. 

I love you from the bottom of my heart. 






No comments:

Post a Comment